Ideal communication solution for small business based on IP PBX
Many CEOs of the companies are bothered with the question – How to organize a unified communication in their offices, stores, warehouses using only the Internet,
while significantly saving on the negotiations, especially if your facilities are located in different cities and countries
Many small and medium-sized enterprises face the problem of how to organize communication in such a way that, on the one hand,
- Reduce costs for local, mobile, long distance and international calls
- Combine all divisions, branches and remote workstations into a single network with a common internal numbering and access to the functions and resources of the main mini-PBX
- Ensure the mobility of its employees, thus, so that they always remain connected at the same time
- Organize remote jobs where necessary, and then when it is needed (for example tomorrow and in New York)
- Do not be tied to fixed telephone numbers, ie. so that when you move, your numbers move with you
And on the other hand, use all the advantages of IP telephony, such as:
- Intelligent processing of incoming and outgoing calls
- Auto attendant and auto informer
- Direct access to the system (DISA)
- Call Forwarding
- Voice mail
- Recording conversations
- Conference Call
- Caller ID
- Call Detailing and Charging
- Fax Server
The traditional approach to implement these features is based on the availability of a large number of equipment and resources, and as a result, the solution is very expensive and in most cases inaccessible to small and even medium-sized businesses. But there is a way out. This is an office IP PBX based on the services of the international VoIP wholesale provider. Using IP telephony in your company will allow you to solve all the above tasks.
So, let’s consider in more detail what IP PBX can do and what are t6he advantages of IP telephony for your company.
It is probably necessary to start with the fact that modern business – big or small – is impossible without the Internet. Either way, you will have to connect to the Internet to organize effective work. So why not make it even more efficient and do not use the capabilities of IP telephony to organize communication in your company. Modern technologies allow high-quality transfer of speech over IP networks, be it the Internet or a local computer network of your company.
Connection options are as follows – EXTERNAL LINES AND INTERNAL SUBSCRIBERS TO PBX IP TELEPHONES
Domestic subscribers can be connected:
- Through the local network (if they are in your office) or via the Internet (if they are out of the office). For connection through a LAN or the Internet, special SIP phones are used. Instead of SIP phones, you can use a SIP adapter that connects to a conventional analog device (for example, a radiotelephone)
- Using copper wires, since MyPBX has conventional analog ports for traditional analog phones
- Regardless of the type of connection, each extension is assigned its own internal number and you can make calls between different phones by simply dialing the extension number
- Using the LAN of your office to connect SIP phones will save on laying a separate telephone network
External lines can also be connected in various ways:
- Traditional external analog lines. For this, you need to install the corresponding expansion board in the PBX
- SIP trunks. These are external lines that can be connected via an IP network or the Internet. A lot of operators provide such lines, for example Sipnet, Telphin, etc. The operator provides data for connection (login, password and a number of other parameters). Typically, the operator can buy an external phone number (and not even necessarily the city where you are). But even without buying an external number, you can make calls within the network of this operator.
- Skype. This is the most famous to date international operator of IP telephony. Skype calls are carried out in high quality, and most pleasantly, calls between Skype subscribers are completely free. In Skype, you can create a business account for your company, which will allow using Skype in SIP PBX so that any subscriber of the PBX can make and receive calls via Skype. Thus, you can very significantly reduce the cost of communication. many companies and individuals have a Skype number and such calls are generally free of charge, regardless of the location of the subscriber. Also via Skype, you can call any external numbers at very low rates
- The use of external IP lines gives another advantage – these lines remain with you at any crossings, they are not tied to your location. The main thing is to have good Internet access.
What other advantages can PBX provide for IP telephony:
- Multiple IP PBXs can be connected to each other in a single network. The connection can be made both via the Internet and through the LAN. If you have several objects (for example, an office, a store, a warehouse, a branch) and each of them requires the installation of a separate exchange (for example, to connect to each of them existing analog external lines), all these SIP PBXs are unified into a single network with a common numbering. You can call or switch the call to the extension number of any other PBX. Because the call will be via IP telephony over the Internet, it will be free.
- It is easy to organize remote jobs – all that is required is the Internet and a SIP phone.
The home office of the head. The manager can install a SIP telephone at home and connect it to the PBX of the office
Employees working at home. In some businesses, some employees can be transferred to the home mode of work, thereby reducing the office space and rent.
Branch with a small number of employees, where it is unprofitable to install a separate mini-PBX. Installing multiple SIP phones and connecting them to a central SIP PBX will solve this problem
Temporary workplace (for example, temporary sales office)
Retail outlets (eg shopping centers)
Points of acceptance (service centers, dry cleaners, etc.)
“Call from the site” – reception of multi-channel calls from site visitors. When connecting to Skype, you can place on your site a button “Call”, allowing visitors to call you with one click. You can send such calls to a separate internal number, and to a group of numbers (for example, sales department). If necessary, this call can be switched to any other employee.
Mobile office. If your employees are often out of the office or on business trips, they can install a software SIP phone (softphone) on their laptop or PDA and connect to the office SIP PBX from any place where the Internet is available (hotel, airport, cafe, etc.). )
Thus. the introduction of IP telephony can bring you tangible benefits and a quick return on your initial investment. In addition, in order to implement such a functional with the traditional telephony of the initial costs, much more is required.
- Another advantage of this IP telephony system lies in the functionality already laid in the basic configuration and does not require additional costs. These are functions such as:
Auto attendant and Autoinformer. When calling your company, the PBX IP telephony plays a pre-recorded greeting and can then offer a choice – “Press 1 to connect with the sales department, press 2 to connect to the customer service …”, etc.
DISA – the function of direct access to the system for additional dialing of an extension or an external line. Organization of a small Call-center with a given (uniform or other) distribution of calls between operators
Automatic routing of incoming calls, depending on the number of the caller (Caller ID)
Intelligent routing of outgoing calls – the optimal route is chosen depending on the type of dialed number (local, mobile, long distance, international) or even depending on the specific number. This allows you to choose the cheapest calling routes
Voice mail with the ability to send recorded messages to the email of the owner of the mailbox
Record conversations – conversations can be recorded to the built-in memory or to an external drive. This will solve many issues related to security, conflict resolution, restoration of details of the conversation, analysis of negotiations and training of employees. All this without the installation of additional equipment and third-party recording systems.
Support for video communication between SIP phones with this function
SIP SMS – the ability to send SMS messages between SIP phones
In addition, SIP ATS has the standard functions of any mini-PBX:
- Call Transfer
- Conference Call
- Group call
- Call Waiting
- Call Pickup
- Status display buttons (BLF)
Summarizing, it can be said that IP telephony systems will not only reduce initial costs for the purchase and installation of an office PBX but will also significantly reduce monthly payments for telephone communications. And besides, IP telephony will be able to solve such tasks of your business, the solution of which by means of traditional telephony would require a lot of costs, both financial and organizational.